NCVER reads all social media replies, mentions and direct messages, and ensures that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are addressed. Where NCVER is not able to reply individually to messages received via social media, and where common topics and requests exist, NCVER may issue a general notification to all parties.
We may use some automation tools (which generate tweets from RSS feeds) to ensure the information posted is timely.
Social media networks may occasionally be unavailable, and NCVER accepts no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime.
Content and use
NCVER monitors its social media accounts during office hours: 8.45am - 5.00pm ACST, Monday to Friday.
NCVER will take action to remove offensive or abusive comments. If a question or comment requires a response, the question will be acknowledged and responded to online or offline depending on the nature of the query.
We encourage open conversation and ask you to respect our community members by following a few simple guidelines:
- Please be respectful of other users and their opinions. Do not harass, abuse, threaten or make personal attacks against others.
- Please do not engage with us with inappropriate, inflammatory, offensive, repetitive, or unlawful comments.
- Do not spam us by tweeting regular requests, offers or appeals, or by posting anything else that could be considered spam.
- Do not disclose any personal or sensitive information about yourself or others.
- Do not disclose any confidential information, or infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
As a guide, content will be removed that is:
- abusive, offensive in nature or contains offensive language
- bullying, harassing, defaming or giving offence to other people
- contains personal and/or cultural attacks or insults
- promotes hate of any kind
- potentially libellous or defamatory comments
- off-topic or spam
- plagiarised material
- commercial content
- unauthorised copyright material.
NCVER will reserve the right to moderate comments in social media as it sees appropriate.
All content posted to NCVER’s social media pages becomes public information and is governed by the policies of the social media platforms. For further information please refer to: