This publication provides a summary of apprentice and trainee training activity in Australia, including information on commencements, training rates and duration of training.
State and territory cuts of the data are also available in Excel format.
- Overall commencements decreased by 2.9% in 2016 compared with the previous year, with trade commencements down 12.4% and non-trade commencements up 5.9%.
- 2.2% of Australian workers were employed as an apprentice or trainee as at December 2016, compared with 2.3% in 2015.
- Within the trade occupations, 9.9% of workers were employed as an apprentice or trainee as at December 2016, compared with 10.1% in 2015.
Duration of training
- 37.6% of trade apprentices and trainees completing at certificate III or above in 2016 finished their training in two years or less, compared with 40.8% in 2015.
- 90.2% of non-trade apprentices and trainees completing a certificate III or above in 2016 finished their training in two years or less, compared with 89.3% in 2015.
This product allows users to quickly retrieve the latest data for apprentices and trainees, filterin… Show more
This data item provides estimates of apprentice and trainee activity for 12 months to 31 December 20… Show more
The proportion of apprentices and trainees completing their training has increased to 61.4%.
This technical paper provides informaton on the methodology used to back-cast the Australian and New… Show more