This publication provides a summary of data relating to students, programs, subjects and training providers in Australia’s government-funded vocational education and training (VET) system (defined as Commonwealth and state/territory government-funded training).
The data in this publication cover the period of 1 January to 31 March 2020. For comparative purposes, it also examines this data against previously submitted data for the 1 January to 31 March 2016 to 2019 periods.
In the first three months to 31 March 2020, 674 500 students were enrolled in government-funded vocational education and training (VET). They included:
- 658 700 students enrolled in nationally recognised training
- 33 200 students enrolled in non-nationally recognised training.
Government-funded program enrolments comprised:
- 93.1% in nationally recognised programs
- 3.6% in locally developed programs
- 3.3% in non-nationally recognised programs.
90.2% of program enrolments were in qualifications:
- 81.9% of program enrolments were in training package qualifications
- 8.3% were in accredited qualifications
- 48.8% of qualifications were at certificate III level
- 18.6% of qualifications were at certificate IV level.