VET student outcomes 2018 presents information from the National Student Outcomes Survey on the outcomes of students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) in Australia during 2017. The publication reports the outcomes of those who undertook government subsidised training and those who undertook training on a fee-for-service basis. Summary information is presented on students’ reason for training, employment outcomes, satisfaction with training and further study outcomes. Data on the main reason for not continuing with the training are available for subject completers (student who successfully complete part of a course and then leave the VET system).
This publication supersedes previous publications on government-funded student outcomes, for which information is available in this publication and selected data products.
- 59.0% of graduates improved their employment status after training, up 2.2 percentage points from 2017.
- 85.4% of graduates were employed or enrolled in further study after training, down 0.7 percentage points from 2017.
- 45.8% of subject completers improved their employment status after training, up 2.7 percentage points from 2017.
- 87.0% of subject completers were employed or enrolled in further study after training, up 0.9 percentage points from 2017.
Satisfaction with training
- 86.8% of graduates were satisfied with the overall quality of the training, down 0.5 percentage points from 2017.
- 90.4% of subject completers were satisfied with the overall quality of the training, similar to 2017.
|VET student outcomes 2018||1.1 MB||Download|
|VET student outcomes 2018||.docx||472.5 KB||Download|
|Terms and definitions||268.6 KB||Download|
|Technical notes||846.1 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary: combined||2.8 MB||Download|
|Data dictionary: benefits of training||328.6 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary: employment and further study||913.1 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary: personal characteristics||1.4 MB||Download|
|Data dictionary: satisfaction outcomes||714.4 KB||Download|
|Data dictionary: training characteristics||959.4 KB||Download|
|Reminder letter||195.6 KB||Download|
|Questionnaire map||1012.9 KB||Download|
Tables from the VET student outcomes 2018 publication in Excel format.
This product provides information on key measures at a national level by personal and training chara… Show more
The Government-funded student outcomes data slicer is an Excel pivot table that allows users to easi… Show more
Government-funded student outcomes: time series information on key measures at a national and state/… Show more
New data from over 200,000 vocational education and training (VET) students shows that satisfaction… Show more