Data and statistical services
Where the data you need are not available from the NCVER Portal, we may be able to provide you with customised data or statistical services to meet your requirements.
For further information, refer to Using NCVER data.
Library information services
NCVER provides a range of specialist library services, including:
- Reference service to help researchers locate information on specific topics
- Document delivery service
- Group training sessions in the use of the VOCEDPlus - NCVER's free international research database for tertiary education relating to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion.
For further information, refer to VOCEDplus.
Data and information access policy
1. Where the information you need is not available from the NCVER Portal, our staff may be able to provide you with customised services to meet your specific requirements. These services are charged on a cost recovery basis.
2. To set out the principles for accessing and charging for NCVER data and library information services.
3. There are two broad principles governing access to data and library information.
- The first governs release and access to data. This principle is spelt out in a separate document approved and endorsed by Ministers, Vocational Education and Training (VET) Data Protocol.
- The second is that users will be charged the marginal cost of providing the statistical or library information. The implication of this principle is that users are not charged for the infrastructure provided under NCVER’s statistical program and research management contracts, but are only charged for labour and materials for access to and provision of data or library information.
- For all requests there will be a charge to cover labour for either data extraction or library services. GST will be additional if applicable.
- Other expenses as appropriate will be charged for. For example, a charge would be made if specialised software or hardware needed to be purchased. This would be at cost.
- The rate shall be determined by the complexity of the task and the level of the officer undertaking the analysis.
To discuss your specific requirements, please contact us. Your inquiry will be referred to an NCVER Consultant who will contact you to discuss your needs and provide you with an obligation free quote.