The language of vocational education and training (VET) is complex and particularly prone to jargon and acronyms. The aim of this glossary is to provide a single up-to-date reference source for definitions of Australian VET-related terms, acronyms and organisations.
The glossary contains:
- VET terms and concepts, including adult and continuing education and lifelong learning
- Australian VET organisations and some key international VET organisations
- key Australian historical VET documents
- VET-related acronyms.
The glossary excludes:
- terms which are in general use and for which the meaning is obvious
- international terms and concepts.
Each entry in the glossary includes:
- the term
- its definition
- cross references to related terms.