NCVER Accessibility Policy
REVISION DATES: Policy created February 2008; Last revised March 2021
- Due to the nature of NCVER’s business (i.e., a research and statistical agency) published outputs contain many graphs, tables, charts, visualisations, other data formats and audio/video files. These can be difficult to access by people with disability.
- NCVER also uses a variety of software to publish its work. This means that conversion of the source file into an alternative format for assistive technologies is technically difficult for some of the software used. For VOCEDplus as an example, the content is not published or owned by NCVER, thus cannot always be provided in alternative formats.
- A wide variety of information about NCVER and our products and services reside on its websites in HTML pages. The sites also include access, at no charge, to NCVER publications in PDF format.
- NCVER is committed to ensuring its websites are as accessible as possible to all users.
- NCVER's aim is to conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) Level AA. WCAG 2.0 has been endorsed by the Australian Government.
- NCVER will create and publish outputs in accordance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0 AA). In doing this, NCVER will additionally optimise its portal and websites to be as inclusive as possible.
- Where possible NCVER will provide a text alternative for the infographic or visualisation that conveys the same meaning and information that is represented visually. Alternative formats for data visualisations will be considered upon request.
- For published outputs which we have not provided an alternative format online or where users are experiencing difficulties accessing content, users will be encouraged to contact us via NCVERPublicationsDesk@ncver.edu.au or by phoning free – call 1800 649 452.
- Where NCVER does not provide an alternative format online, NCVER will make all reasonable efforts to provide it in an alternative format upon request at no cost to the user.
- NCVER will clearly state its accessibility policy on its website.
- NCVER will review this accessibility policy biennially.