Who should attend?
Keynotes, presentations, forums, and workshops will be delivered in person, and delegates will once again have the opportunity to network with colleagues face-to-face. Don’t miss this chance to meet, learn from, and promote your brand to over 200 potential clients, users, partners, and other attendees.
The city of Perth is set on the beautiful Swan River looking up to the Kings Park Botanic Gardens, while the suburbs of Perth stretch in all directions to the Darling Range in the east and the Indian Ocean in the west. Beaches stretch for miles to the north and south and the well-known port city of Fremantle is 18km south-west of the city.
Perth is home to about 2.14 million people, making it the fourth most populous city in Australia. It’s easy to get around the city by bus or train or on foot, and the metropolitan area is linked by efficient freeways, highways, railway lines and cycle paths.
The city embraces the best of both worlds, where soft-sand beaches and scenic parks meet a thriving metropolis of small bars, creative restaurants and curated street art.
North Metropolitan TAFE is located in the Perth CBD, approximately 20 minutes drive from Perth Airport.
There are a number of accommodation options available for a range of budgets close or nearby to the conference venue including, but not limited to:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Northbridge
- Mantra on Murray
- InterContinental Perth City Centre
- Rydges Perth Kings Square
- Ibis Hotel Perth
Why not stay the weekend or bring the family and experience what Perth has to offer!
No on-campus parking is available for visitors, but you’ll find many commercial car parks a short walk away. The venue is close to all forms of public transport including trains, trams and buses.
NCVER is committed to supporting sustainability practice and reducing the impact of events on the environment.
Every little change we make as event planners and conference attendees is a step in the right direction. We encourage all attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and suppliers to also consider environmentally friendly options when attending a ‘No Frills’ conference.
Our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint include:
- Printed materials are kept to a bare minimum. Attendees are encouraged to use electronic resources such as referring to the event app or conference website.
- All information will be available via our Event App, in lieu of a printed conference booklet.
- Sponsors and Exhibitors are encouraged to exercise environmental values and practices in their participation.
- Donating leftover food to charities.
- Design signs to be reusable.
- Request recycled, PVC free or other sustainable options when printing merchandise, signs etc.
What can you do
- If budget allows, when booking your flight, choose to offset your carbon footprint.
- Most of accommodation options provided are all located near North Metropolitan TAFE. Where possible, we encourage you to walk between locations.
- Choose to follow the waste separation instructions at the venue and at your accommodation.
- Bring a reusable bag to carry your conference materials in.
- Recycle where possible.
- Trestle tables rather than booths.
- Go paperless where you can and make use of the Event app.
North Metropolitan TAFE also have initiatives both small and large aimed at reducing our impact on the environment as part of their Sustainability Action Plan.