Our Graduate program involves up to an 18 month placement, and provides opportunity to learn and develop across the organisation.
You will be provided with the opportunity to learn about different areas of the organisation, as well as continuing to develop your skills through on the job training and attendance at various training courses and industry forums. Graduates are provided with ongoing support through supervisors, mentors and buddies. At the end of the placement, if opportunities exist, Graduates may be considered for ongoing Research Officer positions within the organisation, but this is not guaranteed.
Graduate candidate qualities
Our selection criteria are established every year, dependent on business needs at the time. We value people with a degree with high academic achievement in economics, mathematics, statistics or social sciences (Honours or Post Graduate qualifications will be highly regarded). We look for graduates who can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to undertake statistical analysis.
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to examine topics and issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively the results of research and data analysis, both orally and in writing, in plain English.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with others and contribute in a team environment.
- A high level of initiative and well developed organisational and time management skills.
- A strong interest in public policy issues.
- A degree with high academic achievement in any discipline (Honours or postgraduate qualifications will be highly regarded). Specific skills in mathematics, statistics or economics will be an advantage.
How to apply
If you would like to be placed on a list to be contacted when our Graduate program is open, please send your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org