This product provides a summary of the outcomes and satisfaction of students who completed nationally recognised vocational education and training (VET) delivered by registered training organisations (RTOs) in Australia during 2022 using data collected between June and August 2023. The figures are derived from the National Student Outcomes Survey, which is an annual survey of students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) in Australia during the previous calendar year.
To reflect the training undertaken in the VET system, the survey has been segmented by training type, consistent with the Total VET students and courses publication, by:
- qualification completers - students who completed a training package qualification or an accredited qualification
- qualification part-completers - students who commenced but only completed part of a training package qualification or an accredited qualification (and are no longer undertaking that training)
- short course completers - students who completed a training package skill set or an accredited course
- short course part-completers - students who commenced but only completed part of a training package skill set or accredited course (and are no longer undertaking that training)
- subject(s) only completers - students who completed one or more subjects not delivered as part of a nationally recognised program and who are no longer undertaking training in the VET sector.
The DataBuilder provides extensive data on students’ satisfaction with training, reasons for training, and their employment and further study outcomes. Users can filter by a selection of variables (including by state or territory), view the margins of error (to determine the amount of certainty/error in survey estimates) and export their results:
DataBuilder: VET student outcomes 2023
DataBuilder: Government-funded student outcomes 2023
The figures in this product are derived from the National Student Outcomes Survey, which is an annual survey of students who completed their vocational education and training (VET) in Australia during the previous calendar year.
The National Student Outcomes Survey 2023: data dictionary is now available in a new online format. Developed to replace and improve on the existing pdf version, the online data dictionary presents the information in a clear, structured and responsive user interface and includes a search function and print options to help you find and export information. This data dictionary presents information across three different views to suit the needs of various users and will replace the existing pdf version from 2024.
For 2023, the existing pdf version of the data dictionary can be accessed from the download section of the VET student outcomes 2023 statistical report page (see below).
|VET student outcomes 2023
|How to interpret survey results
Information in this product is presented on the median income for certificate II and above qualifica… Show more
This resource presents information, in Excel format, on outcomes and satisfaction for qualification… Show more
This product provides time series information on key measures at a national and state/territory leve… Show more
Employment outcomes continue to improve for vocational education and training (VET) graduates.