Data and statistical services
Where the data you need are not available from the NCVER Portal, we may be able to provide you with customised data or statistical services to meet your requirements.
For further information, refer to our Accessing VET data page.
Library information services
NCVER provides a range of specialist library services, including:
- Reference service to help researchers locate information on specific topics
- Document delivery service
- Group training sessions in the use of the VOCEDPlus - NCVER's free international research database for tertiary education relating to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion.
For further information, refer to VOCEDplus.
Data access and charging policy
REVISION DATES: Created May 2008; Last revised August 2019
1. NCVER provides statistical and library information services to a range of internal and external users for the purposes of research.
2. To set out the principles for accessing and charging for NCVER statistical data and library information services.
3. There are two broad principles governing access to data and library information.
- The first pertains to data protection. Access to NCVER data holdings is governed by the National VET Data Policy.
- The second principle is that users will be charged the marginal cost of providing the data or library information. The implication of this principle is that users are not charged for the infrastructure provided under the statistical services and research contracts, but are charged for labour and materials for the provision of data or library information. The fees are applicable to information that is over and above what is freely available on the NCVER website.
4. The procedure and charge-out rate for access to NCVER statistical data and library information services is spelt out in the NCVER Data and Information Access and Charging Procedure.
Note: NCVER's Data Access and Charging Procedure is an internal document. As per the charging guide section below, an obligation free quote will be provided upon application dependent upon the complexity of the task and the level of employee undertaking the analysis.
- For all requests, there will be a charge to cover labour for data extraction. GST will be additional if applicable.
- Other expenses as appropriate may also be charged. For example, if NCVER had to purpose specialised software or hardware to fulfill a request, this would be included in our fee.
- The rate will be determined by the complexity of the task and the level of the employee undertaking the task.
To discuss your specific requirements, please contact us. Your inquiry will be referred to an NCVER Consultant who will contact you to discuss your needs and provide you with an obligation free quote.